Monday, September 12, 2011

I'm on one.

I love the feeling of starting a new blog. This one's for me. Just me.

My grandma had a stroke last Sunday, so we've been making trips to WakeMed a lot. They will hopefully be moving her onto the floor after Thomas's birthday, so then we'll be able to visit during normal hours and she'll have a private room. She's still comatose, so we're hoping for the best. The best. It's relative, isn't it? What's best in this situation? She wakes up and we get to be selfish and have her for another couple of months until the cancer eats her organs away. Or she dies in a hospital bed without giving my granddad a chance to say goodbye. There is no hopeful scenario. It sucks.

I've never been able to express how much my family means to me. Not to their faces. I actually get that from my grandma...my mom and Chris are the same way. I can't truly remember ever telling my grandparents I love them...I don't stop by just to say hi...I can only remember hugging them on occasion. Several times, I've thought to send my grandma flowers, but I always forgot or thought it'd be weird. I'm awkward with the people I'm not super close to...I don't know how to form bonds with the ones who don't go out of their way to pull me out of my shell.

Ricky can always sense my need to escape. He told me to request off work the weekend of the 23rd, but wouldn't give me any more details. Yesterday, on our "dating" anniversary, he told me that we were going to Savannah, GA. He booked the same room in the same bed and breakfast we stayed in for our honeymoon. I'm beyond excited. I almost started packing this morning, I'm so pumped. I've also been looking into the salons in the historic district of Savannah. After all, we could always decide to stay.

Onto more shallow affairs. Ricky bought me a pair of black leather Jeffrey Campbell litas when he got his bonus check last month...I've worn them about every other day since. I've been saving some of my cash tips and now have more than enough to buy another pair, but of course, they sold out of the ones I want the day before I ordered. And I refuse to settle for anything but these tacky cats ones:


Sarah Emery from SeaSalt photography took a few pinup pictures of Nicki and me for her portfolio. Ever since our wedding photographer was such a disappointment, I've been holding onto the idea of taking fake engagement pictures of Ricky and me...but I didn't really know who to ask. But now that Ricky and I are trying for a baby, I want to do it more than ever. After all, I want cute pictures of us that I'll be able to show our kids one day. I think after the Savannah trip, I'm going to see if Sarah would be up for the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment